Created: 1 July 2021 Updated: 5 May 2022
All Beach League players are encouraged to go through list of symptoms before they show up at Kingston Expert Tees for their games. Follow the instructions immediately after going through the most common symptoms.
The excerpt below is from the KF&LA website:
The most common symptoms include:
• Fever (feeling hot to the touch, a temperature of 37.8 degrees Celsius or higher)
• Cough that's new or worsening (continuous, more than usual)
• Barking cough, making a whistling noise when breathing (croup)
• Shortness of breath (out of breath, unable to breathe deeply)
• Sore throat
• Difficulty swallowing
• Runny nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
• Stuffy or congested nose (not related to seasonal allergies or other known causes or conditions)
• Lost sense of taste or smell
• Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
• Digestive issues (nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain)
• Muscle aches
• Extreme tiredness that is unusual (fatigue, lack of energy)
• Falling down often
• New rash
• For young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite.
Individuals who develop symptoms after travelling are asked to contact their health care provider for advice regarding next steps or visit a COVID-19 Assessment Centre.
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, you can also use the self-assessment tool (link: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/) from the Ontario Ministry of Health. Take this self-assessment if you’re worried you were exposed to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) or have symptoms.
You will get a recommendation on what to do next.
You can also take it on behalf of someone else.
The self-assessment is only meant as an aid and cannot diagnose you. Consult a health care provider if you have medical questions.