A. Net Play
• You may go completely under the net into your opponent's court to play a ball as long as there is no interference with the opponent.
• A ball can be played back to one’s side of the net if it has crossed over the net, under the net, or outside the antenna as long as a team has one or more contacts left and the ball is played back under the net or outside the antenna.
• The “let” serve is played on the beach.
• Players may not touch the net at any time during a “playing the ball” motion.
B. Playing the Ball
• A player is not allowed to complete an attack-hit using an “open-handed tip” or by directing the ball with the fingers(MON only)
• When digging a hard-driven spike or serve it can be double-hit and momentarily lifted. A hard-driven spike or serve is the only occasion a double-hit will be permitted.
• A touch on the block counts as one of the three contacts allowed per team. (The blocking person will be allowed to hit the ball again)
• The ball can be played with all parts of the body.
• The ball may not be set over the net.
• The ball may not be set on a serve.
A player may only have one toss per serve attempt.
• You may not attack or block a serve
• Teams are required to call their own violations, and are expected to be honest and foster a high level of sportsmanship at all times. Questionable calls will result in a reserve.
• Rotation of players is required. Players must rotate service. All players are considered front row.
• Teams will switch sides after 11 points scored by leading team, for 1 switch/game
• Games will start at designated times – a 10 minute grace period will exist for the first game, and 20 minutes for the 2nd game. Teams may start a game will three people (one must be female) as long as the fourth individual is present by the end of the game. Games will start on time as long as teams have the minimal number required.
• Teams can play with 4 players. At least one female is required not to default. Teams must have a maximum of 4 males on the court.
• If Teams default a fine of $25/match will be assessed to that team.
• Unlimited substitutions can be made at any point in the game during a stoppage
• Each team receives one time out per set
• Each game will be best 2 out of 3 sets to 21 with rally scoring. The first two games are to 21, and the third if tied is played until 15. Cap in the first two games is 25 and the third game is 15.
• Rock, Paper, Scissors or Ball Spin will determine sides and service at the start of a match.
D. Roster, Substitutions and Free Agents
• Teams must submit a complete player roster at the beginning of the season. Players not on this roster are not considered members of your team.
• If a full team is present (6 players who are officially registered on your team) teams are not permitted to use substitutes.
• When a team is short players (less than 6 players) individuals not registered on your roster are permitted to play, provided they are not registered on another teams roster.
• Players who substitute for you team are not considered members of your team, but rather “Free Agents” and may play for other teams in the league.
• These free agents remain free agents until they have played 3 weeks with one team, at this time, they become a member of this team and are no longer considered free agents so can therefore no longer play for another team.
• Teams may use as many free agents as required in order to have a full team for each game ( 6 players).
• Free Agents are not permitted to play in the playoff rounds. However, individuals who have played three weeks for your team and are no longer considered free agents may play.